Two things – one being the polar opposite of the other – defined the year Pointwest was established. The year was 2003, when the Philippines saw an exodus of nurses and an influx of foreign investment in global sourcing services. The latter resulted in the call center boom, a success story in Philippine economy that is now worth US$260M (about PHP11 billion).
In the global sourcing industry, another “movement” was stirring and would later have its own success story. The pioneer-leaders of this movement were Pointwest’s own founders, who refocused efforts to develop competencies for high-value Information Technology and Business Process Services. It was a bit of a gamble, since the Philippines wasn’t yet known for its technology capabilities, but the gamble paid off.
In less than a decade, the Philippines evolved from being a call center destination to a mature location for software services, and Pointwest has evolved alongside it. From being a minor participant in a global multibillion-dollar industry, the company is now a leading player driven by the best IT professionals and supported by world-class communication infrastructure.
- Pointwest has 2 delivery centers servicing a global clientele: one in Makati, which also serves as corporate headquarters, and another one at UP-AyalaLand TechnoHub in Quezon City. Both sites promote proactive, environmentally sustainable operations.
- Satellite offices in Western and Midwestern United States
- Google-powered communication engine and collaboration platform
- International-standard methodologies and quality assessment tools
- Twin appraisals for CMMI Level 3 in CMMI-Services v. 1.3 and CMMI-Development v. 1.3. Pointwest is the first company in Southeast Asia to be appraised at the same time for both these areas. It is also only the 3rd in Asia and 29th worldwide to achieve this.
- SAS 70-compliant (Type II) internal controls on information/ communication systems and monitoring
- Comprehensive process excellence framework on operational quality, services, information security, and people & performance
- Strict Business Continuity Management System: risk assessment, business impact analysis, business continuity plan, emergency evacuation plan, and post-disaster assessment.