𝙄𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙇𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙜 𝙨𝙖 𝙆𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙖𝙜𝙡𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙠𝙤𝙙
(Building on Employee Engagement to Kick Start the Year)
DAY 1, PM ACTIVITY
𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘰𝘨 𝘯𝘢 𝘗𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢 𝘴𝘢 𝘒𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘭
The DENR 6 through its Human Resource and Development Section (HRDS) facilitated a Lecture on Health and Wellness and Vegetarian Cooking Demonstration.
A 50-year-old Medical Missionary, 𝐄𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐀. 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐚, is a plant based vegetarian. She preferred to be called a 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒓 and has been preparing healthy diet and practicing a wellness lifestyle for 18 years. The DENR 6 personnel learned how to improve their food choices by making their own meal to live a vigorous lifestyle through the lecture and cooking demo conducted by Magcanan.
It is important to be particular with our food choices to avoid acquiring diet and lifestyle diseases. Here are some tips for preparing diet meals and food intake shared by Magcanan:
- 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠.
- 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐨𝐢𝐥.
- 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐲.
- 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.
- 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭.
- 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟓-𝟑𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫.
Let's choose to live a healthy and wellness lifestyle by switching to healthier options for food, practice a balanced diet, drink eight glasses of water a day and opt for physical activities such as walking or light exercises to prolong our lives and fulfill our duties to conserve our environment.